Saturday 5 January 2013

Menu plan 4th January 2013 to 11th January 2013

So here it is - a post containing details of my first menu plan for 2013!  My menu plan for Saturday the 4th January until Friday the 11th January is as follows:-

Saturday dinnerChunky turkey and ham chowder
Sunday dinner - Roast ham and gravy (from freezer), veg and potatoes
Monday dinner - Chilli Marrakech
Tuesday dinner - Leftover chilli marrakech
Wednesday dinner - French-style chicken
Thursday dinner - Creamy lentils and sausages
Friday dinner - Salmon, veg and potatoes

We ordered (and cooked) a 16lb turkey for Christmas and a large ham.  As there were only four adults and two small children eating the meat we had loads leftover, so I cut it up and put it in the freezer.  Our dinner on Saturday and Sunday will make use of some of this frozen leftover meat. 

The turkeys legs were removed from the bird and frozen bone and all.  I will defrost them, remove the meat and boil the bone for stock with an onion, a carrot or two and a couple of sticks of celery.  I will then use the stock and meat to make a turkey version of the creamy chicken soup which I posted about last year.  This soup will be do for mid-week lunches for my husband and I, while our daughter will have ham sandwiches. Our son gets his lunch provided by the creche he attends so I just have to send some fruit for snack time.

No comments:

Post a Comment