Thursday 3 May 2012

Colcannon - abandoned :-(

You may have noted that according to my meal plan for the week that we were supposed to have black pudding and colcannon tonight.  We didn't have colcannon as we were a bit pressed for time and the recipe that I had picked was going to take too long to make.  Instead we had black pudding, mashed potatoes, and mashed carrot and turnip.

My husband had come across a different recipe for colcannon in a newspaper during the week and he wants to make it some night instead of the recipe that I found.  Hmmmm...I might just let him.  I've made a note of this recipe so that I can make it in the future when I have a bit more time.

We are heading away this weekend, so my menu for next week is only going to run from Monday to Friday night.  I intend to plan it and do my shopping list before I head away, but I wont know what offers will be on in Dunnes,Lidl or Aldi so I intend to be a bit more flexible than I normally would be when doing my shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment