Sunday 13 May 2012

Puy lentil, spiced carrot and feta salad

Just a tiny bit excited about my lunch for the next few days - almost looking forward to going to work in the morning so that I can have some at lunchtime!

I made the puy lentil, spiced carrot and feta salad from the May 2011 issue of GoodFood magazine.  This recipe is served warm, but obviously my salad won't be warm as I will be eating it straight out of the fridge, but the magazine suggested using leftovers for lunch so I decided to make it specifically for lunches.  I did however have a sneaky taste while it was hot and it was yummy!

Alterations
I made two minor alterations to the recipe.  I used the juice of one lemon instead of the juice of 1/2 a lemon and the lettuce I used was a mix of lambs lettuce and rocket.

Cost
The puy lentils (green lentils) cost 30 cent, the carrots were 50 cent, the lettuce was €1, the lemon was 25 cent, the red onion was 15 cent, 63 cent for the feta and I have allowed 50 cent for the other ingredients.  The total cost was €3.33.

There is enough in the salad to last to four days lunches.  I put it into a large tub in the fridge and will fill a small tub for my lunch each evening.  This means that the total cost of my lunch per day will be 83 cent.  Much cheaper than eating out!

Can not wait to eat this tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment