Sunday 27 May 2012

Baked feta and tomato

I had initially planned to have baked feta and tomato last Saturday for my lunch, but Saturday didn't go as planned.  I ended up making it for my lunch on Friday instead.

This recipe is low GI and was really satisfying.  Although I made it for lunch, I think the salad would make a pretty decent evening meal. 




Alterations
As my husband doesn't like cheese (to my knowledge he hasn't tried feta yet, but all cheese is slimy according to him and there is no persuading him to try it) I made this recipe for one.  I halved all the ingredients except the tomatoes - I used 3.  I didn't substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe.

Cost
The feta was about €1, the tomatoes were 50 cent, the salad leaves were 50 cent and I would allow another 30 cent for the olive oil, garlic, dried oregano and balsamic vinegar.  The total cost of the salad was €2.30.  Considering the cost of some of the other lunches I make, this is quite expensive.  However, it was so tasty that I will definitely be making it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment