Saturday 11 February 2012

Spiced root vegetable soup - lesson learned!!

For lunch during the week I made the spiced root vegetable soup from the Goodfood website.

I made it on Tuesday evening for lunch the rest of the week.  Of course once I had finished making it I has we wee taste of it.  It was delicious and I enjoyed it for lunch on Wednesday. 

However, on Tuesday night when I made it I left it to cool in the pot over night when I went to bed.  I put some into a tub for lunch the next day and left it to cool on the counter.  On Wednesday morning we were running late and my husband put my lunch into my bag.  I was out the door and on my way to work before I realised that I had forgotten to put the rest of the soup in the fridge.  By the time I got home that night it had soured.  :-(  The sun shines in our kitchen all day and it can get quite hot when the doors are closed regardless of the time of year.  So my delicious soup ended up down the sink instead of in tubs for my lunch!

Hmmmm...lesson learned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment