Sunday 11 March 2012

Chaos in the kitchen!

Well, as you can see I haven't posted in quite a while.  We've had a bit of a chaotic time in the kitchen of late.  As a result of being ill and then being away my normal careful meal planning has gone out the window a bit!  It's fair to say that this has meant that I have ended up spending more money per meal than we have in previous weeks.  There was also more waste as a result of deciding what to have for dinner on a day by day basis and then buying what I needed in the shops without knowing what was in the fridge.  Doing this meant that I wasn't making use of the ingredients in my fridge and they ended up going off.

I think the lesson learnt here is that I need to organise my freezer a bit better so that I have more standby dinners that can be used when I am ill or away.  Although I had a few in there, they were used quite quickly.  The other thing I have decided that I need to do it get more vegetables in my freezer.  I have frozen vegetables that I have grown in the past, but these were all used well before the end of 2011, so I think in the future I will need to have in some frozen vegetables from the supermarket if I have none of my own in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment