Saturday 31 March 2012

Crab linguine with chili and parsley

Crab linguine with chilli & parsley
Tonight for dinner I made the crab linguine with chilli and parsley from the March 2011 issue of Goodfood magazine.

Unfortunately when I went to get the linguine from the cupboard I discovered that my husband had been using it instead of spaghetti so I had none left.  I did have some nice tagliatelle in that a friend brought back from a holiday in Italy, so decided to use this instead.

I made a bit of an error as well in that I misread the crab that was needed to make the recipe and only had 200g of white crab meat.  The recipe still turned out well, but I think if I had the brown crab meat it would have turned out a bit better.  If I make it again I will make sure to have the correct crab for the recipe. 
Last Saturday night when I made a meal that required parsley, I got the parsley ready in advance and forgot to add it to the pot at the appropriate time.  This week, I made sure that the parsley went in!

The squeeze of lemon is optional.  I decided to add it as I have lemons left over from the shopping last week.  I love the taste of lemon and parsley together and think they go particular well together with any seafood, but this is the first time I've tried them with the crab.  I actually ended up getting the lemon and squeezing a bit more lemon juice on it as I was eating it as I felt it needed a bit more.  It was really tasty with the extra lemon.  If I make it again I will be putting extra lemon in before serving.

It was really quick and easy to make - definitely one for a night when you need to get dinner ready in a hurry.

Cost - Again this is a bit of a hard one for me to put a definite figure on with regards to cost as some of the ingredients I have had in for a while - like the tagliatelle and wine.  The crab I got was on special offer.  I reckon the meal was less than €5 in total, but if the crab had not been on offer it would have been quite a bit more than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment