Saturday 31 March 2012

Another lesson!

So, as you can see I've been very good planning my meals and getting back on track last week with my shopping and everything only to be hindered with the break down of my Internet!  Last week I forgot to make a copy of my weekly planner or note down the recipes I needed in order to follow it, which meant I had to wing it through the week when it came to cooking!  When I finally got Internet access again I could see that I hadn't exactly stuck to my meal planner much (leaving me to question the ability of my memory now!!).  I think from now on I'll be writing my meal planner out and sticking it to the fridge in case we have another incident with our Internet access.

As a result of not sticking to my meal planner through the week I have some ingredients that I need to use this week so you may notice that I am using some of the same meals for my planner this week as I did last week.

Here is my meal planner for the next week:-
Saturday dinnerCrab linguine with chilli and parsley
Sunday lunch - Crab and sweetcorn chowder
Sunday dinnerChicken breast with mushrooms and red wine sauce, broccoli and boiled potatoes
Monday dinner -  Mackerel, baked potatoes and salad
Tuesday dinnerHerb and lemon pork chops (from freezer) with mash and vegetables
Wednesday dinner -  Mince and onions (from freezer), mash and vegetables
Thursday dinner - Wraps
Friday dinner -  Salmon, broccoli and mash

For lunches during the week we will have spring onion (scallion) soup, ham sandwiches and leek, potato and bacon soup.

I make the chicken breast with mushrooms and red wine sauce from memory now and couldn't remember where I came across the recipe - I should have known it was from the Goodfood magazine!  Thankfully I was able to find it to provide a link.

TIP  The herb and lemon chops have been prepared in advance and frozen before cooking so that all I need to do is to lift them out the night before, defrost them and cook them on Tuesday evening for dinner.  I decided to do the prep work in advance before freezing the chops for two reason - to save time when making the dinner during the week and to make sure that the parsley and lemon get used.

No comments:

Post a Comment