Sunday 29 April 2012

Quinoa tabbouleh, minus the quinoa!


Just in case I am not keen on the bulghar wheat version I halved the ingredients and made enough to serve 2 people, so it will do me for lunch on Monday and Tuesday.  If I like it I will make more on Tuesday night for lunch on Wednesday and Thursday.  If I'm not keen on the Bulgar wheat I'll use cous cous instead when I make it on Tuesday night.

Quinoa tabbouleh
Qunioa tabbouleh, from GoodFood magazine

If you looked at my meal planner for the next week you may have noticed that one of the things I was planning to make for lunches was Quinoa tabbouleh.  Unfortunately I never checked to make sure I had quinoa in the house before going to do the grocery shop, so I bought all the ingredients and when I went to make it tonight for lunch at work over the next few days, I discovered that I have no quinoa in any of my cupboards.  Gutted!!  I assume I had some in as I usually do, so it just goes to show that you should always check your cupboards thoroughly before going to get the groceries.


As I had all the ingredients in I decided to check to see which ingredients I had that might make a suitable substitute.  I decided to use Bulgar wheat in place of the quinoa, so I guess you could say I actually made Bulgar wheat tabbouleh.  I'll find out tomorrow if it tastes as good as the quinoa tabbouleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment