Friday 15 June 2012

Menu plan 16/6/2012 to 22/6/2012

It's been a while since I put together a proper menu plan but I decided that I needed to take the time to put one together this evening for the next week.  So, my menu plan for the 16th June to the 22nd June is as follows:-

Saturday lunch - spring onion soup
Saturday dinner - Chorizo chicken
Sunday lunch  - leftover soup
Sunday dinner - Steak, mushrooms, onions, chips, sweetcorn and peas (Fathers day request)
Monday dinner - Tagliatelle, sunblush tomatoe and spinach
Tuesday dinner - Shepherds pie
Wednesday dinner - Leftover shepherds pie
Thursday dinner - Bacon and mushroom pasta
Friday dinner - Fish, chips and peas

For lunches through the week we will have ham sandwiches and tuna salad. 

Spring onions (scallions) and mushrooms are on offer in Dunnes at the moment for 48 cent.  I picked up two bunches of scallions to make soup for lunch over the weekend and I picked up 3 packs of mushrooms for use in various dishes through the week.  Youngs frozen battered fish is on offer in Dunnes at the moment for €2 for 2 large fillets.  I picked up two boxes of these for the freezer and will use one of them on Friday.

Tip
There were quite a few offers on frozen products in Dunnes and I picked up several.  When I got home I discovered that I didn't have as much room in my freezer as I thought, so I removed the Youngs fish fillets from their packaging and put them in freezer bags to save space.  The box for the fish was quite large in comparison of the actual size of the fillets, so this saved a lot of space in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment