Wednesday 20 June 2012

July challenge - €50 per week

So, as the title suggests I have set myself a bit of a challenge for July.  I intend to limit my grocery spend for each week in July to €50 per week.  I've recently re-done my monthly budget again and I've lowered my grocery budget down to €100 per week again, so if I manage to spend €50 per week throughout July I'll be able to save €200 which I'll put into my savings account. 

There are a few reasons why I've decided to do this.  Firstly, it'd be nice to put the extra money into my savings account as it'll come in handy come Christmas time.  Secondly, I am hoping to run down the contents of the freezer.  Thirdly, if I limit the amount I am spending each week to €50 then I'll be forced get creative with the contents of my store cupboard.

So, to help to try and complete this challenge I will be taking an inventory of my kitchen cupboards and freezer so that I have an accurate list of what I have in the house.  I'll then plan my weekly menu using this list, as well as considering what is on offer in the shops each week. 

Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it and still make some yummy meals for my family!

If anyone has any suggestions of cheap and cheerful, yet tasty meals then please leave a comment sharing your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment