Saturday 11 February 2012

Grocery shopping - meal planner 11/2/2012 to 17/2/2012

Meal plan for Saturday 11th to Friday 17th February is as follows:-

Saturday lunch - Sausage, bacon, black pudding, fried eggs and rolls
Saturday dinner - Barr's butchers steak and onion pie, wedges and baked beans
Sunday lunch - Leek, potato and bacon soup
Sunday dinner - Roast beef, parsnip and apple mash, turnip, broccoli and roast potatoes
Monday dinner - Chicken and veg bake with potatoes
Tuesday dinner - leftovers from Monday
Wednesday dinner - Salmon with leeks and parsnip
Thursday dinner - Spag Bol
Friday dinner - leftovers from Thursday

For lunches we will have ham sandwiches, leek, potato and bacon soup, black bean and chorizo soup and tuna salad.  We were having a big lunch on Saturday owing to my parents visiting.  They brought with them the dinner for Saturday night, which saved a bit of money so I decided to buy some eye of the round to roast for dunner on Sunday.  It is a nice cut of meat and is a bit more expensive than the cut we usually get at the butchers for roasting.

The baby still has some food left in the freezer.  I need to make up some fruit for him to take to creche though.  They mix it in with his breakfast. 

I discovered Aldi this week.  I had never been shopping in aldi before and was pleased to pick up some groceries at a really reasonable price.  I am off to do my grocery shopping tomorrow, so I'll post up my costs for the week then.

It's my mums birthday today, so I am debating picking up something nice for desert.  I'll see what is in the shops when I go.  If I was more organised I'd have made a cake or something instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment