Monday 20 February 2012

Pancake Tuesday!

Well, as it's Shrove Tuesday I decided that we may as well have pancakes for dinner.  Pancakes are quick and easy to make and can be served with  of sweet and savoury foods. 
One of my all time favourite ways to eat pancakes is to have them with maple syrup and crispy bacon.  I also love them served with blueberry compote that I make by heating blueberries and a little sugar in a saucepan over a low heat.  A bit sweet to be having for dinner everyday, but we only do this once a year on Shrove Tuesday so I think it's ok to have them for dinner as a once off!

Pancakes are excellent finger food to give to babies.  I made small ones especially for my son and gave them to him to try.  My 3 year old daughter refuses to eat eggs, so pancakes are a good way of including eggs in her diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment