Wednesday 11 January 2012

Braised peas with bacon, lentils and sea bass

 Braised peas with bacon, lentils & cod

Dinner tonight was braised peas with bacon, lentils and sea bass

The recipe uses cod, but I am not keen on cod, so used some sea bass fillets that I had in the freezer instead.  I had no cans of lentils in, so used some dried lentils as I always have a variety of these in the cupboard.  Tonight I used Puy lentils, which I soaked in boiled water in a bowl for 20 minutes before adding them to the pan.  Rather than adding them just before serving to heat them through, I added the lentils at the same time as the frozen peas I used to ensure that they were properly cooked. 

The fat content of this recipe can be lowered by grilling or steaming the fish instead of fryng it.

It is difficult of me to work out the exact cost of this meal, as the only ingredients that I bought for this recipe in my last grocery shop were the bacon, lemon and mint.  The other ingredients were in my cupboard/freezer.

What I can say though is that this recipe is extremely quick to make and is very tasty, making it a brilliant dinner for a weeknight.

No comments:

Post a Comment