Tuesday 10 January 2012

Oven-baked red pepper risotto

I love this recipe for red pepper risotto that I came across in October 2008 issue of Good Food magazine.  I've made it so many times now that I no longer need to follow the recipe in order to make it.

TIP   One of the main ingredients is 200g of frozen roasted peppers.  I've not been able to find these anywhere, so buy fresh red peppers and roast them myself.  To do this, you wash, deseed and cut the red peppers - I usually quarter them - place them on an oven tray, spray with fry light and then put in a hot oven until the skins start to bubble and blacken.  I often peel the skins off them before chopping them up for the recipe.  To peel the skins off I put them in a bowl and cover with clingfilm, leaving them to cool a bit.  This makes them easier to peel.  If I am using the oven the day before I make the risotto I will roast the peppers a day in advance, peel and chop them and put them in a tub in the fridge until I need them.

Cost wise this is one of my more expensive recipes just because of the cost of the risotto rice which is 3.15 in my local supermarket.  It is one of the ingredients that I buy if I have money left over in my budget so I tend to always have a pack in the cupboard.  I am going to shop around to see if I can find it cheaper in another shop.

Oven-baked red pepper risotto

No comments:

Post a Comment