Saturday 21 January 2012

Grocery shopping - meal planner 21/1/2012 - 27/1/2012

Meal plan for Saturday 21st to Friday 27th January is as follows:-

Saturday dinner - Oven baked chicken with tomatoes and baby potatoes
Sunday dinner - Coddle
Monday dinner - Coddle
Tuesday dinner - Chorizo and peppers with pasta
Wednesday dinner - Ham, white cabbage and baby potatoes
Thursday dinner - Chicken stew (from freezer) and baby potatoes
Friday dinner - Chicken fajitas

For lunches I will be making black bean and chorizo soup, cream of spring onion soup, ham sandwiches and scrambled eggs.

My shopping for this week cost me €29.22 which I was extremely pleased about!  I need to pick up some white cabbage and single cream, so my spend will be just over €30 for the week.  I was able to do this by planning my meals around the offers in the shops this week and by using meat from my freezer.  The pork chops that I'll use in the coddle and chicken I'll be using in the other recipes is meat that I bought last week from the butchers and froze.  The chorizo was bought a while ago when it was on offer in Dunnes.

For €29.22 I bought the following:
2 litres full fat milk
2 x 1litre of slimlne milk
bunch of scallions x 3 (on offer for 45cent per bunch)
philadelphia x 2 (on offer 2 for €2.50)
Ham - slices for sandwiches
Mini babybel cheese
Peppers x 9 (on offer for 45cent each)
Radish
Lime
Apples
Baby potatoes 1kg x 2 (on offer for 45 cent each)
Mushrooms
Cherry tomatoes
Swede
Bananas
Buttermilk soda (half price - 79 cent)
Carrots
Free range eggs (9 for the price of 6)
Wholegrain pan loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment