Monday 16 January 2012

Squash and chorizo stew

Squash & chorizo stew

This squash and chorizo stew is really quick and easy to make.  It has only five ingredients in it, so there is little preparation work involved.


I served the stew with some baby boiled potatoes which were on offer in Dunnes this week for 48 cent per pack.  I only used half the pack for the 3 of us.  I omitted the parsley as I didn't have any in.  As it was to garnish for serving I do not think that the stew really needed it so I may leave it out if I make this recipe again as it will save a bit of money.  However, if I had some in I would add it at the end as per the method.

The stew is quite inexpensive.  I paid €1.49 for the butternut squash, €0.75 for the Chorizo, 6.5 cent for the onion and €1 for the passata.  Together with the potatoes I paid €3.54 for this meal. 

While I was preparing this dinner I also cooked and pureed a little of the butternut squash to give to my baby as a first taste.  I often try to do this with other vegetables, freezing the puree for future use if I do not need it straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment