Sunday 15 January 2012

Creamy avocado jackets

Last Saturday I bought 2 avocados that were on offer in Dunnes for 48 cent each.  There were ripe when I checked them yesterday before doing my shopping list, so I decided that we would have creamy avocado jackets for dinner tonight.

Ingredients
5 medium size potatoes
2 avocados
pack of bacon medallions
1/2 tub of light sour cream

Method
To make them, I put potatoes in the oven and roast them until they are cooked.  When they are ready, I take them out, cut them in half and scoop out the potato, cut it into small pieces and put it into a bowl.  I cut up the bacon into small pieces and fry in a non-stick pan.  While the bacon is cooking I prepare the avocado, cutting it into small pieces and adding it to the bowl.  When the bacon is cooked it is also added to the bowl.  I then spoon in the sour cream and mix the ingredients together.  When they are well mixed I spoon the mixture back in the skins of the potatoes and put them back in the oven.  Once the top of the mixture is starting to turn golden I take them out and serve. 

Sometimes I serve them with salad, but tonight we had them on their own.  They are really tasty and filling.  I dont make them often as the avocados can be quite expensive, but with the avocados on offer they cost me € 4.21 to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment