Wednesday 4 January 2012

Grocery shopping - part one

Once a week I go to my local supermarket and my local butcher to get the groceries for the week.  I always take a shopping list with me.  One of my new years resolutions will be to stick to it as far as possible.

To prepare my shopping list I check out what is on offer at my local supermarkets and what I have in the fridge and freezer.  I then pick the recipes for the week based on what is on offer.  If I am stuck for recipe ideas for the vegetables on offer I go to the BBC Good Food website and do a search for recipes containing one or more of the vegetables on offer.

For example, this week Lidl have savoy cabbage, onions, and carrots on offer.  For dinner one night and for lunch the next day I will make potato and savoy cabbage soup, which I came across by doing a search on the Good Food website.  I will also make chorizo and chickpea soup as I have chickpeas in my cupboard and chorizo left over in the fridge from earlier in the week.  These recipes are new to me, so I will try to stick with recipes I am familiar with for the rest of the week.

Once I have my final shopping list ready I will post it, together with a list of the meals I have planned for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment