Friday 6 January 2012

Grocery shopping - meal planner 7/1/2012 to 13/1/2012

Each week before I do my shopping I plan the meals for the following week and then write a list of the groceries I need to make these meals.  My meal planner for Saturday 7th until Friday 13th January is as follows:-

Saturday dinner - Chicken stew (recipe after the method)
Monday dinner - left over potato and savoy cabbage soup
Wednesday dinner - braised peas with bacon, lentils and sea bass (recipe has cod, but I will use sea bass)
Thursday dinner - chilli
Friday dinner - left over chilli

Saturday lunch - chorizo and chickpea soup

I've lunch for Saturday 14th as well as I have will have everything in I need to make it after this week’s shop.  For lunches we will have ham sandwiches as there is ham in the fridge and left over red pepper risotto on Wednesday and Thursday.  For weaning the baby I will get a parsnip and sweet potato and introduce these to him this week, along with potato, apple and banana.

My shopping list for the week is as follows:-
  • bag of onions (on offer in lidl)
  • Savoy cabbage (on offer in lidl)
  • Irish bacon medallions x 2 (on offer in lidl)
  • parsnip x1
  • sweet potato x 1
  • red pepper x 2
  • parsley
  • lemons x 2
  • mint
  • mushrooms
  • bananas
  • oranges
  • apples
  • slim line milk x 2
  • 2 litres full fat milk
  • butter
  • loaf of bread
  • chorizo x 2 (on offer in Dunnes)
My shopping budget at the moment is € 80.  This week’s shopping should be considerably less than this so I will get some extras in for my store cupboard depending what is on offer. 

Once I have got my shopping I shall post a comment updating what extras I bought together with the exact amount spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment