Saturday 7 January 2012

Successful day shopping - not so successful night cooking

The grocery shopping today went really well as I stayed well within my budget for the week.  The total spent was €49.31 so I have €30.69 left from my budget for the week.

As well as the items on my list I added some additional items as I was shopping.  I bought 4 extra packs of bacon medallions as they were on offer for €1.49 for six and they are handy to have in the freezer.  As well as this, I bought
  • Light sour cream
  • passata x 2
  • kerrymaid spread
  • cheese
  • 3pk tins chopped tomatoes x 2
  • 2pk tins of peas
  • 4pk tins of baked beans
  • punnet of kiwi
  • avocado x2
  • parsnip
  • pack of wraps x2
  • ready made cartons of aptamil x 6
As I was aware that I was spending so much under my budget I stocked up on some things for my cupboard.  All of them were on offer.  Other things I added when in order to make a meal.  For example, it was 48 cent for each avocado, so I added light sour cream so that I can make creamy avocado jackets later in the week.  They will be dinner on either Thursday or Friday night instead of chilli and I'll freeze the leftover chilli for a dinner some other night.

Unfortunately I didn't get to make the chicken stew I had planned to make for tonights dinner as we ended up visiting family and eating with them.  This means that I have ingredients in my fridge for a recipe that I didn't get to make.  I've decided to cook the chicken stew tomorrow morning instead and put it in the freezer for a night when I dont have time to make dinner from scratch.

Towards the end of the week I may take a trip to the butchers to pick up some meat for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment